A powerful open source shopping cart
Posted Under : OpenCart
- Amar InfoTech
- November 26, 2010
OpenCart is a light weight open source shopping cart with rich eCommerce feature.
We can think OpenCart as alteration of Magento for Small to Medium ecommerce stores because almost same features with light weight loading & User friendly Admin Management.
We feel glad to introduce our self as one of the leading OpenCart Development Company with handy experience on OpenCart Theme Integration, Customization and Data Migration from Magento Platform.
Here we would like to highlight some features that you must think before choosing your ecommerce platform.
OpenCart vs. Magento
- Both OpenCart and Magento are open source eCommerce platforms.
- Both are driven by PHP.
- Both have very large communities supporting them.
- Both OpenCart and Magento offer unlimited products and categories.
- Both platforms support multiple languages.
- Both are template driven, but OpenCart doesn’t offer quite as many options.
- Both offer grouped and related products.
- OpenCart provides lifetime free support and free software updates.
- OpenCart’s administrative navigation can be confusing initially. Magento’s admin dashboard is very intuitive and simple.
- Magento can handle multiple stores, while OpenCart cannot.
- Magento lets merchants offer and honor discount codes.
- Magento has top of the line built-in SEO (search engine optimization) features, including SEO-friendly URLs. OpenCart also offers SEO tools, but not to the power or extent of Magento’s.
- Magento also allows customers to create wishlists and compare products, while OpenCart does not.
- Magento offers a wide range of reporting options, including sales, search, low stock, and inventory reports, while OpenCart only provides sales reports.
OpenCart feature list:
- OpenCart supporting template system. So you can easily switch over default template to build in template or your own custom template.
- OpenCart provide Multilanguage support.
- OpenCart provide multistore support. You can easily manage multiple store using single admin panel.
- Now OpenCart allow you set multiple tax zone base on country
- OpenCart support large set of Payment gateway. Below are list of payment gateway which one default available in OpenCart open source.
2Checkout , LiqPay, WorldPay, Authorize.Net, Moneybookers, Cheques / Money Orders, PayPal, PayPal Website Payment Pro, PayPal Website , Payment Pro (UK), PayPoint, eWay (UK, AU, NZ), SagePay, SagePay Direct
SagePay (US), Authorize.Net (AIM), Paymate, AlertPay, Bank Transfer
Perpetual Payments, Cheque / Money Order, Cash On Delivery, Collect in store
- You can setup multiple shipping method in OpenCart
- OpenCart is modulebase system so you can easily extend functionality as per your ecommerce store requirement
- OpenCart comes with a fully functional administrative UI
- OpenCart support user-friendly url with unique Meta tag for each products and categories. All major search engine support OpenCart
- OpenCart currently provide Sales Report, Products Viewed, Products Purchased reports
- OpenCart can easily manage B2B and Guest checkout feature.
If you want to start new eCommerce store or want to manage medium level eCommerce store than OpenCart is best open for that.
If you are searching reliable OpenCart development company than Amar Infotech name comes first who is existence in 2006 and continuously providing service in OpenCart and all major eCommerce open source.